Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Motivated... why would I want to screw up a good thing

every hour of every day I'm learning more
the more I learn the less I know about before
the less I know the more I want to look around
Digging deep for clues on Higher ground........ UB40



Why do we quest to learn more? For some insane reason there is a movement in metro areas to learn as much as possible. These people think that through enlightenment comes superiority. Unfortunately it seems that the trend to learn more has not created superiority, it has instead created arrogance and immorality. So much so that in these areas the numbers are so great that people that think "differently " are afraid to speak up for fear of verbal lynching or severe social outcasting, to the point of physical harm to them or thier belonings, and this is enlightened and informed.

What is the state of America lest Humanity when we decide that to celebrate an event we destroy. to oppose an event we destroy. I will explain what I call the "Reverse Ghandi" in future posts.

It seems that a popular trend is to decide that we have so much knowledge that we no longer "need" religeous institution or the need for accountability. We are therefore "enlightened" to the point of knowing better than all of the people that came before us or all of those "ignorant" middle Americans that live in a "backwards society".

I have to think that there is something to this "blue collar" mentality. Otherwise at what point can we achieve contentment. Is it at the point that we are to old to enjoy it? I am starting to migrate towords contentment hopefully. Only then can I selfishly enjoy my life. Why should I worry about the choices my neighbors make, until it effects me. wait, reflect.

Then should I take the labor job that barely make ends meet, raise some offspring, retire on my slim pension, die and leave nothing for the kids as they live the same life course. I mean after all, being sucessful can't happen for eveyone who tries, and in failure you will end up in the same place as your neighbor. At least I could buy a house on the damn salary I make.

Rant complete




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home